Tuesday, December 20, 2011

19 Minutes

What keeps you reading?
I know that often when I read, I am reading to find answers to questions that the novel brings up.
I want to know "Why?" most of all.
In this novel, I often want to know "Why didn't someone see something, why didn't someone do something?"

What do you want to know?

P.S. Does reading the scenes out of order help at all? Let me know.

17 comments:

seaver said...

what keeps me reading is that this book is set up in an age group around my own so i see alot in common. Also I keep reading because I want to see why, how, and when the shooter planned it.

Lauren Rogers said...

I like this book a lot because the author created the chapters in a way that are different from most books. The author split up the story into a bunch of different times and it makes the story interseting but with a little confusion that makes me want to keep reading and find out what happens next. I want to know if all of the characters are somehow tied together and they all end up meeting each other and having somehting in common with one another. Reading scenes out of order doesnt really affect my reading because it gives me something to look forward to in the next chapter that might be years later or even just minutes later.

mikey said...

i like this book because this is the first book i have ever read and been able to think this could also happen to me. i would also like to know how all of this is going to rap up into one

Molly kelley said...

What keeps me reading is the mysterious questions i often ask myself (like why or how). I find this book interesting to read because its reletive to our time, being highschool students. It grabs all of our attention so much because it is so realistic. I like how Jodi Picoult wrote the book, with the characters always moving around. At times, i find myself a little lost but if i skim some chapters, then it helps me alot.

Dr. G. said...

Good-- I am glad that reading about teenagers makes you want to keep reading, and that the mystery of the event is strong enough to pull you through the novel.

You will find the answers to msot of your questions...just keep reading.

Did anyone read a few chapters out of order, just to find answers or to keep the reading going?

patrick zadrozny said...

I normally dont keep reading but this books fist chapter got me hooked so id say the set up of the book and chapters how it bounces around as me reading on

Stephanie said...

I like how they do include the flashbacks since they are vital to why everything had happened. It is in our age group and since it seems so real that it could happen here. After reading books where they were written when my mom was in school, its nice to get a newer look at what our own school career can go through. The characters are very relatable so that way we can all connect to someone differently.

don said...

What keeps me reading is the curiosity on how this all came too be, how Peter decided that he wanted to shoot up his own high school. I also want to know the lives of the families victims are doing after the shooting and how they must of felt. Also reading the scens out of order helps becuase i usually just skip to the chapter of when the action is happening next, i dont wannt know about what happened years ago when i was left with a cliffhanger on what happpened in the present.

Taylor Ward said...

What keeps me reading is why would Peter ever want to shoot so many innocent people? Also, it is like I am reading something that could really happen in a school. This book is interesting because it jumps around to many different parts so you are always reading about something new.

Cassandra Cyprien said...

what keeps me reading this book is my intrest in what's going to happen next. i like how it jumps around from past to present. it's a great book so far.

Kelly Neilan said...

What keeps me reading, is wanting to know what is going to happen next. I like how the chapters go switch between past and present. I also like that the characters are around our age and something like this could actually happen.

shawn w said...

i like reading this book because it shows the characters in significant points of thier lives where some went in one direction while others went another. I like reading where in thier lives a big change happened and if it was significant enough to change thier lives forever

glendadasilva said...

What keeps me reading Nineteen Minutes are the questions I have. I want to know why there was a school shooting and I want to know what happens next. I don't like to skip chapters in the book because I want to read everything even if I don't like it.

charles said...

The one thing that makes me want to keep reading nineteen minutes is the fact that I don't know why the shooter killed so many people. Reading the scenes in the order they happened in life, helps a lot and keeps me interested. The way the book has it jumping around makes it boring to me.

Whitman said...

I am honestly still reading in hopes of a twist or turn in the plot because so far i feel like i have figured it out and that the whole book is predictable.

Noelle DeGrenier said...

The reason I keep reading is to find out why Peter did what he did. I am also still reading because I am waiting for a bigger twist in the story because I have found that the story seems pretty predictable. I am hoping that there is going to be something bigger that happens than what happened at the very beggining. If that is the case, I think I soon will get tired of the book.

christina said...

I like this book because it is very interesting how all the caracters connect in some way. Also how the book goes back to the childhood of the kids and it jumps around its a little confusing sometimes but its very interesting and keeps u reading .