If you are comfortable commenting publicly, comment on the blog.
If you would rather comment privately, send me an email @ drgrm110@gmail.com.
Your beliefs will be the foundation of the first brief essay you will write in this unit on argument.
If you have writer's block:
Maybe your beliefs start in a quote you live by, something your parents have taught you, something you learned from experience.You might want to review the website for "This I Believe" @ www.thisibelieve.org .
Here are some of my personal beliefs, in no particular order:
- Do for others what you would like them to do for you (The Golden Rule).
- It is okay to have an unexpressed thought (my husband).
- You can't have it both ways (experience).
- Most students will only remember whether or not you were kind (Mr. Bob Louis).
- Settle all arguments before you go to sleep (experience).
- An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind (Gandhi) so learn to forgive rather than to take revenge (Teaching Tolerance magazine).
- Prior planning prevents poor performance (my Dad).
- Whenever I got hurt or sick or upset, my Mom would always say, " You'll live." So far, she's been right--in more contemporary words, " Suck it up, and quit complaining."
- If you stick your elbow out too far, it could go home in another car (Highlights magazine).
- "“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions” Rainier Maria Rilke, from Letters to a Young Poet.
- When I have a choice, I sometimes think, " If I got hit by a bus tomorrow, what would I rather have done?" Sometimes it helps me to do something kind, something fun, or something necessary...
![]() |
| I just found this on Pintrest.com yesterday... and from experience, I know it is true. I graduated with a 3.84, magna cum laude, in Theatre Arts from Providence College. Guess which two I chose. |

37 comments:
Some of my personal beliefs are as follows...
Karma, it will always come back to you
If you smile to one person you can start a chain reaction
It is important to believe in something bigger than you to keep you going
Everything happens for a reason
Don't judge a book by its cover
Except people for who they are
Some of my beliefs include:
- do not do something to someone if you would not want them to do it to you
- think before you speak
- other people's opinions matter
- What goes around, comes around
- bashing on homosexuals is extremely wrong
- gay marriage should be allowed everywhere
I believe in:
-Karma
-I hate drama
-I can't stand Jersey Shore
-Good Sportsmanship win or lose
-Kids who take mirror pictures
-When a gym leader in pokemon uses a full restore
-Aliens
-I hate pidgeons they are ugly looking
-Eat, sleep, play hockey
-Hard work pays off
-You get out what you put in
I beleive
*its better to be unliked, even hated by someone rather than be a fake person so they will like you.
*i would rather be unhealthy than unhappy and many unhealthy things make me happy.
*
Some belivefs i have are
Think before you speak
If you ever chose a path the short one is not always that right one
There is no reset in life
never try something that is dangerous
dont give in to the bad things
-I hate Drama
-Radio's choice of music
-drivers
-Ben Cherrington is a horrible GM
-hard work= money
-Go Oregon Ducks
-I love boston
-People who dont give me gas money
-Nikki Minaj is horrible and annoying
-Complaining on Facebook and twitter
-to fight for whats right
-school needs to teach things needed in life not chemistry and pre-calc
-college is important
I believe:
-love
-sex education
-same sex marriage
-happiness
-everything happens for a reason
I believe in...
-standing up for what you believe in
-being yourself, no matter what others think
-not judging people
-respect
Some of my beliefs include:
- I think that it is better to be the kind of person that thinks carefully about things. Some people might call it being indecisive, but in most situations, I think that it is better to think carefully,instead of trying to rush decisions.
- I also beleive in karma, and I think it makes a lot of sense, and from experience it is safe to say that it is believeable.
- God/religion
- Hard work pays off.
I believe...
The truth is better then a lie
People should respect others opinions
Treat people the way you want to be treated
Accept people for who they are or not at all, you shouldnt try to change someone
Love
Second chances
People shouldn't judge someone fully without taking the time to get to know them
Be respectful
Living your life for you not for someone else
Some of my beliefs are:
stand up for what you believe in
always be respectful
karma
the celtics still have some potential this season
working for a living
Some of my beliefs are:
Karma will always find its way around
Everyone deserves a 2nd chance
Treat others the way you want to be treated
Don't judge a book by its cover
Don't expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter, work for what you want
Some beliefs i have are:
the golden rule
karma
be honest
its better to have a few true friends than a bunch of fake ones
treat everyone with respect
give everyone a chance
don't be afraid to say whats on your mind even if it doesn't agree with the crowd
second chances
-Feminism vs. Chivalry
-Religion vs Government
-the Golden Ratio Applies to everything
-Commercialism has desensitized art
-Honor Over Everything
-Merit to your Words
-Brand Names Mean Nothing
-Fear Is the Mother Of Morality
-Never Take a Favor
-Control other's perception of you
-Never be forgotten, and keep a large sphere of influence
-Question Everything
-We are Not Our Failures
-Never Keep a Comfort zone, always switch things up
-Respect your Parents
-There are no facts, just interpretations
- Commit to Continuous learning
-Respect is earned, and not givin by age
- Never give up your liberties for the government
-Don't let others dictate how you feel
-Never Settle
Some of my beliefs are:
-Don't talk behind people's backs because it will always get to them.
-You can make one person's day just by being nice.
-Don't walk away from a conversation saying something if that was something you wouldn't want to be the last thing you said to that person.
-Think before you speak
-Keep negative comments to yourself
-Treat people how you would liek to be treated
-Karma exists and things always come back
-Tell the truth because you will get caught in a chain of lies
-Everyone has a soulmate, they just have to
-Better careers are availible if you go to college
-Hard work will pay off, always put in 100% effort in
-Life's too short to worry about all the little things
-Live everyday to the fullest
-You can accomplish anything if you truly want to
-Be who you want to be, not who peers want you to be
-Everything happens for a reason
Some of my beliefs:
-If we never dreamed where would we be today? Never be afraid to dream
-Hard-work will pay for itself overtime
-Stay true to what you want
-Treat others the way you want to be treated
-Don't be afraid to get a little dirt on your shirt
-Say I love you to the one you hold dear to you everyday
-A random act of kindness can brighten someones day
Don't be afraid to laugh at yourself
I am humbled by your wisdom. All of you have solid statements of belief so far.
For your assignment, select one (or more) and explain how you came to believe this way and an example of your beliefs in action. If you hit a writer's block wall, go to www.thisibelieve.org and explore the archives.
After vacation, we will use these beliefs to develop a position on an issue.
Thank you for your openness and willingness to share your beliefs.
My Beliefs.
-A stranger can become your best friend, so treat them like it .
-True friends will never leave your side.
-Religion shapes people, whether they know it or not.
-Some things are meant to stay unsaid.
-You can never learn enough.
-The smallest gesture can be bigger than the world.
-Perfection is what you make it.
some of my beliefs are:
-what comes around goes around
-love
-treat others the way you want to be treated
-dont judge people
-be yourself no matter what
-live everyday like its your last
I believe:
-in the power of music.
-everyone has a chance to change the world.
-in not dwelling in the past.
-in learning something new everyday.
-don't worry, be happy.
I believe:
-in the power of music.
-everyone has a chance to change the world.
-in not dwelling in the past.
-in learning something new everyday.
-don't worry, be happy.
I Believe:
that elderly people should be taken off the road
Dubstep is amazing
taekwondo is a real sport
drama is pointless
fighting doesnt make you tougher
karma
there is a higher being that is not "god"
My beleifs are
-karma
-acceptance
-doing what you like
-knowing yourself
-working for what you want
-everything good in life has obstacles
-staying true to where your from, no matter how bad
my beliefs are:
mastery is often taken as egotism
you only deserve what you work for
Music makes the world go round
laughter and comedy are key for life
I believe in;
Happiness can be found in the most miserable of places.
A few good friends are a lot better then a bunch of bad ones.
If you hang around good people, good things will happen, vise vera for the bad.
If people aren't worth your time, recognize it, and don't give them the time of day.
i believe in:
success
karma
good friends
being real
I belive in:
-no rules against listening to music.
-respect.
-dont let people tell you how to think.
-"know thyself"
-"sieze the day"
-being challenged makes you stronger.
-dreaming is the easy part, taking action is the hard part.
I am SO impressed with the strong beliefs you ahve expressed in your comments. It is an honor to read what you have all written, both on the blog and in your emails.
Now that you ahve stated your beliefs, think about what you are willing to stand up for as a result.
What issue should matter to you?
How can you use your written words to inform people, to shine a light on something they should care about?
How can you persuade some people who are on the fence to come over to your way of thinking?
See you after vacation-- I am looking forward to the next step in learning to advocate for your beliefs.
Same sex marriage
Second chances
live life to the fullest
live each day like its your last
Post a Comment