Closely read each row across for Novice, Practioner, and Expert.
In your comments, please note:
Where is your expository writing right now--which level describes your writing best?
You will receive a comment back on your essay by class time tomorrow.
When you get your essay back, look at the rubric.
In your comments, please note:
How are you going to use this rubric to revise your draft?
Concentrate espectially on the areas for:
- Audience, voice and purpose
- Thesis
For instance, " Instead of ________, I will write_______" or
"The sentence _______________ is vague. I will add details like_________________."
Mention:
- How you are going to revise your thesis to give a preview or "trailer" for the essay to follow?
- How you are going to revise to consider your audience's knowledge (or lack of knowledge) on your topic?
- How you are going to clarify the purpose of your essay--what do you want your audience to know and be able to do after reading? Can they do it after reading this draft?
- How can you make your written voice sound more like you? A personal essay requires you to use a less formal (but still appropriate) voice.
22 comments:
My writing right now in class is problity at level 3.5 because I am new to the topic of a personal essay and in it I told as much as I could about my life.
My writing is probably at the practitioner level because I have written essays before, but they are not my strong point, and I am new to writing personal essays.
My expository writing is at the practitioner level right now. This is the level that best describes my writing at this point because I don't believe I am an expert at writing essays.
My writing in general is at a practitioner level. MY personal essay is messy at best, and I'm going to scrap it and start over. My thesis could be better, my audience and my voice works with my writing style, but i usually lose sight of the purpose of my essays.
I would say that my essay is at practitioner's level because my writing is not fully at its best point and I know I have things I can do much better. My plan is to try to rewrite the sentences that use vague details and then use better vocabulary in my essay. I also think I need to rewrite my thesis to make the purpose of my essay more obvious and catchy to the readers.
I think my essay is at pratitioner's level because it isn't the best it could be but it is almost there. I plan on adding more detail about my parents jobs,financial independence, maturity, and clarify my thoughts.
I am going to add more detail to my essay and pay more attention to my audience.
I think my essay is at the practitioners level and to fix it and make it better I'm going to add more details and make my introduction more clear and more obvious; also by directing my essay to my audience more clear.
I feel my writing is at the practitioner level. I feel the best way for me to improve would be to change my topic sentence, and maybe revise my thesis statement
I feel like my writing level is at expert for most of the criteria on the rubric.Im a powerful writer, and i feel that this essay was strong. i just need to work on my transitioning between paragraphs and thoughts. I told a pretty good story however i just need to work on the structure of my essay
I would have to say that my writing is at the level of practionor. I think that my writing is strong but their is room for improvement. with some more expamples in my writing i will be at the expert level. By using the Connect rubric I will revise my essay by expaling more why I want to persure the career I chose.Instead of being vague I will write clearly and show the readers what I want to do with my future.I could tell the readers more about specific sydromes that I have worked with and which ones really ineterst me. I want my audience to know the love I have for this specfic topic and get it across to them that this is important.
I believe that my writing is at the practitioner level of writing. I will find a good way to rap all of my essay in a good conclusion as well as make my audience much more identifiable.
My writing level is at practioner. My writing isn't horriable, but i know there are many areas i have to work on. i'm going to try and expand my vocabulary and try and make my paragraphs flow together more. i want my essay to be more focused and have a certain point to it.
I will revise my essay by trying to meet the quailties of an expert essay on the rubric. Specifically, my thesis will give the audience a trailer because I am going to establish the theme and purpose of my paper in my thesis statement, but I will leave out the extremely detailed evidence for the body paragraphs. I will also consider how familiar people are with my topic and try to adjust accordingly. My essay is about giving so I want my audience to be infromed about donation and hopefully they will be more open to giving in general after reading my draft. I can make my written voice sound more like me by being myself when I write, but not writing in a very familiar tone.
My essay is probably at the practioner level. To improve it i will add in some more details and myths about being 18.
I am going to make a clear thesis statement. My essay doesn’t really have a thesis. To revise my essay I will make a connection to the seasons but also give advise to people with similar strugglers. To clarify my essay more I will reach out to more of my audience by relating to them. I think my essay sounds like me.
I believe my writing is at the practioner level because I have written essays before but I have a lot of room to improve.
sence i am now fixing my essay i will only stick to one topic instade of 4 and not make the end of the essay short and i hope i get better at this asap
Post a Comment