Friday, April 10, 2015

Your working thesis

Please leave your thesis in the comments.
State it as clearly as possible, even if it is a little clunky--you can edit or revise it later.
Make certain to mention the title, the author/director, and the very specific areas you will focus on in this paper.
If possible, think of the topic sentences as mini-theses that will guide your paper.
Also, use this space to pose any  questions you might have.

6 comments:

Dr. G. said...

Remember to use the professional model on page 388 to guide your analysis.

Think about which component of author's craft and style is important enough to point out to a new reader or viewer.

Some of you are writing about texts I have read, some of you are writing about texts I have not read. Remember that you can assume some background, but you may really need to explain and educate me.

For ALL of you--you NEED outside sources to support your claims.

Unknown said...

Although it is student work, it is very powerful. The whole poem suggests that she had lost her mother, whether to death or divorce.

Amandha A. said...

I haven't decided yet on my working thesis. My initial purpose was to analyze Emily Dickinson's "Because I Could not stop for Death". After picking up Kristin LeMay's "i told my soul to sing", I have a new perspective of what I want to write in my literary analysis paper. I'm using LeMay's chapter 3 as a guide to understanding Dickinson's poem. My paper will revolve around our fear of death, afterlife and our earthly misconceptions of it, through Dickinson's words.

Meghan said...

Im thinking about focusing on the topic brought up in the story where are you going where have you been about how people (especially girls) choose to present themselves and the attention that they attract from it whether this is their intention or not.

Unknown said...

I have not decided on my working thesis yet, I am thinking about focusing on the aspect of the story about love. how that you cant help who you love and who you don't love. throughout the entire story, there are love problems that are not supposed to happen but they do.

Unknown said...

Though it is clearly unfinished this is what my thesis will focus on: The constant. "There's always a lighthouse. There's always a man. There's always a city." This also points back to the first Bioshock game where you play as a man, Jack in the underwater city of Rapture, and the game itself starts with an airplane crash outside of a lighthouse. This is the same with Infinite, lighthouse in the beginning, Booker your man, and the floating city of Columbia. Its the inconstant's that push the constants to go where they should, Elizabeth, and the Lutece “Twins”.