Now that you have been to a college fair, help me to prepare for the college essay unit by commenting below.
Post a comment about what career you are considering--the whole range...
Even if you don't know exactly how people train for a particular job, list it--
make sure it is your dream job now because if you can dream it, you can achieve it (Goethe).
Post any question you have about the college application process.
Of course, include any post high-school education you are considering, even if it is non-traditional.
Thanks!
18 comments:
What I'd really like to do for a living and go to school for is writing. I really don't know exactly what field of writing but I've been thinking somewehere along the lines of creative writing or poetry. What I would love to do the most would to be a lyricist which is most likely extremely difficult to pursue.
I enjoy poetry very much as it is one of my passions in life.
poem 3
The frigid morning has rudely awoken you
hesitation rears up along your slumbered body
Fading reveries and fallacies swarm through a confused head
lost expectations of a promising fortnight, they overcome eerie sounds of nagging and old withered thoughts
unquestioned rituals carried on through lack of choices
wallow through blind repetitiveness and redundancy shall we petulantly go were we have always arrived before? with
all funnels through and to an ineffable unchartered setting
I am considering to major in psychology because there is such a varitey of fields to from there. I would also love to to be involved in human services but my dream job would be to become a member of the BAU (behavior analaysis unit) like in the tv show Criminal Minds.
I am considering to major in radiology because ever since freshman year I have been intrested in the medical field. And radiation was always an intresting topic when I took my science classes. My dream job would either be a clinical radiologist to treat can cancer patients and would land a job fairly easy as cancer rates are on the rise. Or work in a lab and studying the effects of radiation on certin objects. If I can land either of those my life would be pretty great.
Whenever I think of what I want to do when highschool is over, I always change my mind. Since I was a little kid I've always wanted to be a hairdresser, but after looking at other options I think I want to do something along the lines of psychology. Like Josh said, there are a lot of varieties in that feild, so once I decide what school I'm going to, I can choose which one i want to study. Hopefully I can keep up my grades this year and get into a good school that has a great psychology program.
After highschool i am looking at majoring in Nursing. I am not exactly sure about what i want to do in the medical field but i am going to start off with getting my BSN in nursing because whatever path i choose if i later decide i dont like it i will have my BSN to fall back on. I am definatly intrested in studying sports medicine to maybe become a physical theripist or something along the lines of that. I love sports so i think that would be a good choice but i change my mind everyday about what i actually want to study in the medical field.
I am considering to major in business and opening my own business. It would be great to be my own boss and I could do something that I enjoy. I could open my own restaurant, sell mattresses, or even start my own scrapping company, the opportunities are endless.
I am intersted in going to Empire Beauty School in Boston. I have narrowed down my options and realized that this is exactly what i want in my life. As much as i would love to live at school, college just isnt for me, and i have so many options at beauty school. Hairdressing is only one of them, along with marketing beauty products and traveling around the world. I wish to land a job on Newbury Street in Boston after getting licensed in 8 months and passing my State Board Exam. My dream is to travel to Italy, and Paris selling high end beauty products for huge companies and models.
I am very interested going into special education for elementary students. I want to live away at college and enjoy the whole experience. I beleive that i will do my best in special education because that is what I am most interested in. If I want to be a teacher I am going to have to work hard for it.
I am considering a career in art or social working. I am looking for an art school that is away. I would want to live at my school, that way I can expeirence college. I hope to one day to have my own gallery and still work on my personal art on the side. To do this I would have to go to school for business and art at the same time. I am so excited for this because it is my dream job.
The career I am interested in is early elementry education. I have wanted to be a teacher since I was very young.I would like to either go to Brigewater or Framingham because they both have good teaching programs. I am not sure if I want to live away or commute. That will have to do with my decision of the two colleges.
what i want to do after school is go to college for criminal justice and or pre - law. so i can become a police officer/detective. than go back to college to become a lawyer. then when im really old, i want to go into politics. colleges i am looking at are university of Albany,unh,etc.
For a long time i have know excactly what i want to do for a career and college. I have always loved baking and when i am older i want to own my own bakery. My plan is to go to a 4 year school for business and then a possibly 2 year school for baking. I know i deffinetly want to follow through with this because its something i have always loved and know i will not get sick of.
I do not know which college I want to go to but I do have some idea of what I want to do though. I want to go to college for video game design, forensic science or simply be a history teacher. I don't know how to decide but I do hope that by the end of this year I will know what I want to do.
after high school i am going to go to college and hopefully get my doctorate for physical therapy. after going to physical therapy myself i saw the growing need of it and i would love to work with different people and help them get better. right now after i can get my doctorate i want to go back to school and go for sports psychology. the way the mind works with the body is very intriging to me.
i would like to go to school forn criminal justice or buisness.I do not know which college I would like to go to yet.
i would like to go to school for a trade most likely as an electrician or plumbing. They make alot of money and i would just have to go to massasiot to take classes. All i want is to be happy with what im doing and if im getting money then ill more than likely be happy.
I am so impressed with all your dreams and goals. Posting on the blog will help you to share information with your classmates as you find it. All the careers you mention require some type of post-high school education. I am especially impressed with your awareness that you may want to work at several different (related or unrelated) jobs and that you know you may want education from a variety of sources.
Keep dreaming big!
Post a Comment