Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Why do you think Mark was able to persist and rise above the system? What gave him courage to succeed?

10 comments:

Dr. G. said...

I think it was his mother and that he grew up defending her from his dad...he would do anything for her.

Whitman said...

I completely agree with Dr. G. Mark was driven by his mother and by making her proud.

Cassi Welch said...

i also think that marks mother played a huge role in his determination to not give up and to keep going but i also think that he knew there had to be something more out there in the world something better than what he was living in and experiencing everyday that kept hopeful and determined to have a life outside of what he was seeing.

Brittany Whalen said...

Mark was able to rise above the system because his mother gave him the courage to. He wanted to give her a reason to be proud of him. I think the thought of him finishing school and making his life better gave him the courage to rise above as well.

christina said...

I believe that marks mother played a big role in marks courgae to finish school to better educate himself. He wanted his mother to be proud of him and he believed that if he went to school that she would. Mark finishing shool and rising above the system took alot of courage and im sure that his mother was very proud.

christina said...

I believe that marks mother played a big role in marks courgae to finish school to better educate himself. He wanted his mother to be proud of him and he believed that if he went to school that she would. Mark finishing shool and rising above the system took alot of courage and im sure that his mother was very proud.

Scott said...

Mark wanted to get out of his situation and his mother definately encouraged him. At first he did not beleive that life could get better but he learned through reading that it could. Mark was very intelligent and he used his education to follow his dreams to make a better life for himself and his family.

Lauren Rogers said...

I agree with Dr G that his mother helped him through so much because of what was going on with Mark's father. His father was never there for him and all his mother wanted to see from Mark was that he would succeed. She wanted him to have a better life than she had and that is very brave of her, seeing as how his father didnt agree with her thoughts. I think that Mark showed a lot of courage by finsihing school as well.

shawn w said...

Personally I believe that once he realized how hard his family worked to allow him to go to school(except his dad) he realized that failure was not an option

don said...

I agree with Dr.G and Whitman I believe his mother gave him a lot of courage also going against his father also persisted him to rise above it.