My dad, Dr. Ted Figlock, spoke today in our class about his experiences in Vietnam, 1970-71. I hope that his talk helped you to think about history and the experience of telling a story in a new way. I am always impressed with the clarity of details and the vivid recollections he has of his experience during that year. These are stories he has told many times to my own classes when I was a student and several times to my students here at AHS. Perhaps the more you tell your stories, the stronger your memories will become.
In a special way, I am grateful for your welcoming of my dad and your attentive listening--when he returned to the US in 1971, many people were not so kind to veterans.Thank you for your kindness today.
In your comments, feel free to
- ask any questions or
- make any observations that you would like to share with my dad.
4 comments:
I thought that he enhanced his story telling by speaking loud and clear, and having a "voice" and purpose like that in my essay would make it more effective.
I really enjoyed the pesonality he put into his story. It gives his audience a sense of who he is. His story is very insperational.
i thought his story had a great amount of details that really kept his audience and their attention. He had a great speakers voice. I really appreciate the fact he came in and shared his stories.
1) what was the hardest part about being overseas for you?
2) even though you were drafted, would you say you dont regret going, as it could have been one of those experiences that has made you a stronger person or learn a life lesson, or would you have never gone if you were given the choice to?
He really gave out what he saw from his point of view and caught the audence attion.
Where you ever get premotied to the next rank?
Post a Comment