The first type of post you will be commenting on is a "response" post. That means that, in your comments after the post, you will share your reading experience--what you liked or didn't like and connections you can make to other things you know about. Also, you can ask questions here.
Check back after you comment, as other can ask you questions, build on your discussion thread, or just respond in agreement or disagreement. The blog is both a place to prepare for discussion and continue it, long after class is over.
(Usually, any explanatory information is in plain text.)
Friday is our first SSR day in the biography of Louis Zamperini, billed as an extraordinary true story of courage and survival. In your comments, answer any or all of the following questions:
- What was your first impression given the book cover?
- How would you describe your reading experience--did you like the book? Why or why not?
- Have you ever read a WWII biography before? Any biographies at all? Why/Why not?
- Do you have any questions?
- Do you know anyone who has read the book already? What did he or she think about it?
- (Usually, the part of the post where you are asked to do something, or the part with ideas for your comments, will be in bold print.)
I'll be posting next week, given that I am reading this biography on the plane out to Chicago--I will be interested in your opinions as I read...and I will be asking you about your reading, too! If you download the Blogger app, you can read the post and comment right from your phone or tablet as well as from a desktop. Mark the blog as a tool bar favorite and you won't have to remember the URL.

14 comments:
My first impression of Unbroken given the cover was that I would not like the book. I like this book because it is interesting.I have not read a WW11 biography before because I do not like history. I do not have anyu questions. I do not know anyone who has already read Unbroken.
After seeing the cover of Unbroken I did not think I would enjoy it because I usually do not like any book about war. I read the first few pages of the biography and I do not like it because to me it is boring. The only biographies I have read are the short passages that my class read in history classes. I do not know anyone who has read this book and I do not have any questions as of now.
1)I thought the cover of the book was dark, and tells a story within its self.
2)My reading experience was bad. I did not enjoy reading the book, i felt like the book is more of a book for boys.
3)I have not read WWII biographies before. They do not spark my interest. WWII biographies are something that i'm not into. I do not like reading about war.
4)I do not have any questions.
5)I do not know anyone who has read the whole book. My bother is close to the end and he is enjoying every minute.
My first impression given the cover was that I wouldn't like it because it seemed to be about war. From what I've read so far, I'm not very interested.War stories don't interest me at all & they seem to be more for guys than girls. I don't have any questions. I'm not aware of anyone I know reading the book.
My first impression of the novel unbroken given the cover was that i was going to enjoy the book. i felt i was going to learn a lot of the history of world war II, for our country. so far i have felt it difficult to get into so far but i definitely know i will get into this book. I have not read a wwII biography before but i have read number the stars which was a holocaust biography. also i read ALL Souls which was also a holocaust biography. from reading these stories i felt i received many facts about a huge time in history. this type of information is very interesting to me. i do not know anyone who has read unbroken.
My first impression of the book was that it wouldn't be good because the cover is boring.I think the book is interesting and suspenseful. i have never read a WW2 book or a biography.
The cover is dark, but it fits a war story. I don't like the book at all. war stories are sad, and its just not my kind of read. I'm sure its a well-written story, but i just don't enjoy it. I stopped reading after the introduction and the first chapter.I don't have any questions, and i know Mrs.Langer has read up to chapter 19.
1. My first impression, given the book cover, was that it was more of a boy book because it's about war. It seems sad/dark.
3. I haven't fully read a WWII biography, but I did read a little bit of The Diary of Anne Frank a couple years ago. It interested me a lot but it was disturbing and upsetting.
My first impression of the book was, it's a story about WWII. I was surprised that the story was interesting, that I could get into the book and read for long periods of time. I have never read a biography before but I'm enjoying this one so far. I have one question about the story, how to you pop a teachers car tired with tooth picks?
My impression of the book so far is that it is interesting. I thought it was strange how Zamperini was in the olympics and then joined the war . I have not read any books on world war two before.
My first impression of the book was that it's just going to be about war by judging it's cover. I thought the book was going to be interesting but after reading the first few pages of the biography, I thought it was very boring and it does not interest me in any way. The only biography I think I have read was All Souls by Michael Patrick MacDonald. I do not know anyone who has read this book and I do not have any questions about this book so far.
1)My first impression of the book was it was that it was about ww1 and that it seemed like a boy book.
3) i have not ever read about about ww1 because i dont think its intresting.
4)i dont have any questions about the book.
5)i dont know of anyone who has read this book before.
Post a Comment