Monday, October 24, 2011

Going Paperless: Your thoughts

On this Friday morning, I will be presenting a session at a conference of my colleagues sponsored by The New England Association of Teachers of English titled, " Going Paperless: Using  Blogs, Email, Net Books, and Websites in Secondary English Classrooms." I would appreciate your feedback on the blog so I can take you to the conference with me.

In your comments, please share your opinion/experience of class procedures related to:
  • Blogs
  • Email
  • Net Book (if you are using them)
  • Teacher Websites
  • Websites listed on the Blog and/or Teacher Websites

17 comments:

seaver said...

I think the idea of going paperless is great not having to carry around a book and notebook is alot easier. Also with newer technologies coming out its actually easier for me to do things on the internet or on word documents other than handwriting.

Molly kelley said...

Posting on blogs has allowed me to share my opinion faster and easier on the netbook.Going paperless has been really easy to adjust to because computers are vital in todays world. Communicating through email permits me to ask questions and send my work, making my class time more useful. Also the teacher websites are extremely helpful, and handy.

Noelle DeGrenier said...

Going paperless has absolutely been helpful this year. I feel I can express my opinions faster on the blog. I also find typing a paper on the netbooks much easier. Its much more helpful that i can change rewrite a paragraph easier and move around different sentences to different places. Also, if I have a problem on an assignment, communicating through the email to the teacher makes solving the problem quicker and easier.

Noelle DeGrenier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taylor Ward said...

I think that going paperless this year was a huge help. It motivates me to do work because instead of reading through an english book and writning down notes in a notbook, I can just blog my opinions now. Also, its alot easier to contact people and find out what homework is through the internet. If you have a problem with anything all you have to do is email your teacher and they will quickly respond.

Nathan Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
seaver said...

i think going paperless has both good and bad parts. the teacher website and the blog is great. typing and sending assignments without paper i s also greatbad part about all this is its much easier. The only bad thing is the net books acting up sometimes. Being stuck when the net books arnt working can slow the class production down.

charles said...

Going paperless is a huge step foward to a better learning environment. The ability to have quick easy access to the internet where we have our own class blogging site we can know exactly what are class mates are thinking and we also have the ability to research subjects we cover in class. You can also send your teachers work that can easily be corrected without the hassel of forgetting papers at home.

shawn w said...

Using the Internet has definitely made things easier now if something happened to my original assignment the computer keeps records of what was sent so I can not only prove that I had it done but also resend it without any complications

Kelly Neilan said...

Going paperless is really helpful. It's easier to write essays. We can go back and fix our work. It's also great that we can e-mail our teacher and they can help us if we're having trouble with anything.
The only bad thing about using the netbooks is if they don't work or the internet is working, so you can't go online and research anything.

Whitman said...

Going paperless has been a relief. It is really nice to not have to worry about carrying around a book or notebook and the blog is just so much faster and easier to get my opinion out. Websites like Writers Almanac and Daily Infographic have expanded my learning horizon and introduces people to different ways of learning or getting the word out, whether it is Garrison's voice or a graphic. Going paperless also helps the enviroment and i am all for it.

Cassi Welch said...

I love the idea of going paperless. It has made school a lot easier not having to carry books and notebooks everywhere you go. You are less likely to lose things and it is easier for athletes that have a game or practice after school to not have to carry a ton of books around and have them get wet if it starts raining outside.I love having the access to email so if i have a question or need to discuss something with my teacher about my essay and i am at home i can just email them my question or concern. I think that going paper less was a great idea and it was very easy to get used too.

Lauren Rogers said...

I agree with the idea of going paperless. I think it is easier to post on the blog from home or school using the internet. It is very resourceful.

Scott said...

Going paperless is a great idea. We have so much great technology in our society, we should use it to make the learning experience better. Without using paper we are saving trees and not having to carry books around would be awesome. I like being able to email my teacher to ask questions and it makes turning assignments in easier. It would be cool to see schools across America go paperless, imagine how many trees would be saved.

EmilyBillotte said...

I really like the idea of going paperless. I enjoy using netbooks each day in class, simply because I have so much I can learn right under my finger tips. The class blog always helps me know what is going on in class, especially the ability to have discussions with other students right on the computer. The teacher website is very helpful because if I fall behind or am missing assignments, they will always be on the teacher website.

Nathan Morgan said...

Going paperless is very useful. Unfortunatly viewing pages on the netbooks at 100% (normal print size) is difficult because th full page is not shown and when I change the view to say 80%-75% the page becomes in full view but the print is to small to read.

John Gauthier said...

I believe that the idea of going paperless is actually making my life a bit easier mainly because i do not have to carry a certin number of text books and notebooks and they will eventually get damaged and messy and soon teachers will have to be replacing them because they get outdated. But with the internet there is always new and refreshing content. So i am all for it when it comes to going paperless.