This blog is a discussion and drafting space for Expository Writing at Abington High School.
Use the space to brainstorm, ask questions, make suggestions, and build up our community of writers.
We will share our homework , plan for discussion and continue thinking after class is over...
Monday, March 5, 2012
19 MInutes:Your initial reactions
After considering the editorial reviews and the customer reviews on Amazon.com as examples, what is your first impression of 19 Minutes?
If you like it, why?
If you do not, why?
If you are confused, how?
Feel free to build on each other's responses, answer questions for one another, agree or disagree. This is where your reaction papers start.
Dr.G to be honest with you I have read the first few pages of the book and so far I am not done with it because the pages i read totaly got confused because it jumps from one point to another and the other reason i am not done yet is because sence i am in drama doing the play annie i am so busy that i had no time to read it. So sence i need more time to read this i will have to talk to you and make a agreement.
When I first started reading Nineteen Minutes, I was a little overwhelmed with all the information given at once, but then as I read on I really got into it. It really reflects the average life of high school teens. I argue though that sometimes it is quite stereotypical.
I've read this book before, it is very confusing if you don't mentally organize yourself but it touches on important issues. Reading some reviews i can agree with both negative and positive comments. I would like to take this opportunity to read it for the second time to get a better understanding.
i find the book incredibly unattractive in every way. the stroy line is hard to follow and the flash backs confuse the heck out of me!! i tried reading it chronologically but i feel like this way lacks the introduction of character. in a way to save time and myself the pain im going to read it chronologically from the shooting!!
From reading the reviews it sounds like it's going to be a good book. I think it will be confusing reading it in order, but I would rather at least try reading it that way, first, to get the full effect. I think it will probably take about two weeks to finish.
I think that 19 minutes is a real life book that hits the readers hard. I liked this book a lot because it shows teens what could achually happen and it's scary to think about. I was confused while reading it because there are so many charcters and the way the book is set up it can be hard to follow.
11 comments:
it will take me about 2 weeks to read.
i will probally like it. it sounds interesting
i think this book will be pretty good because i will probably relate to it more than other books. i will probably need a couple weeks to read this.
Dr.G to be honest with you I have read the first few pages of the book and so far I am not done with it because the pages i read totaly got confused because it jumps from one point to another and the other reason i am not done yet is because sence i am in drama doing the play annie i am so busy that i had no time to read it. So sence i need more time to read this i will have to talk to you and make a agreement.
When I first started reading Nineteen Minutes, I was a little overwhelmed with all the information given at once, but then as I read on I really got into it. It really reflects the average life of high school teens. I argue though that sometimes it is quite stereotypical.
I've read this book before, it is very confusing if you don't mentally organize yourself but it touches on important issues. Reading some reviews i can agree with both negative and positive comments. I would like to take this opportunity to read it for the second time to get a better understanding.
i find the book incredibly unattractive in every way. the stroy line is hard to follow and the flash backs confuse the heck out of me!! i tried reading it chronologically but i feel like this way lacks the introduction of character. in a way to save time and myself the pain im going to read it chronologically from the shooting!!
From reading the reviews it sounds like it's going to be a good book. I think it will be confusing reading it in order, but I would rather at least try reading it that way, first, to get the full effect. I think it will probably take about two weeks to finish.
I think that 19 minutes is a real life book that hits the readers hard. I liked this book a lot because it shows teens what could achually happen and it's scary to think about. I was confused while reading it because there are so many charcters and the way the book is set up it can be hard to follow.
19 minutes was intoxicating to me. the characters, the detail, the twist and turns at every corner i love this book.
i think this could be one of the more interesting books that i have read in high school. it should take me about 2 weeks to read.
The book is still annoying to read but the poetic way she discribes things is nice to see.
Post a Comment