Sunday, March 11, 2012

KONY 2012: First Impressions and Questions

If you have seen the video KONY 2012 already, please post your response here.
If you haven't, what are you curious about?

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not seen this video yet, from what I have heard I am confused as to what it is about.

Robin Purtell said...

When I first saw this video, I immediately felt like it was my responsibility to help them and join them with trying to capture Kony. The video is really heartfelt and emotional so it is so interesting to watch.

Molly DeQuinzio said...

I heard about this last week and watched it. I wasn't sure what it was all about, but I found it very interesting. It made me want to help, and from the movie the way to help was to talk about it and make it noticed. I thought that was easy enough.

Anonymous said...

i watched the video early last week and when i watched it i got really upset about whats happening over there and it really made me want to do something to help.

Julianne Johnson said...

I watched this video a few days ago, and quite frankly, I was shocked. Not only by what is going on, but by how long it's been going on for. I don't understand why our government hasn't stepped in until recently. It's been years that Kony has been stealing children, and forcing them to kill their own parents, to start a child army. Not only were the boys forced to fight and kill, but the girls are being raped. If there were any circumstance as to which the U.S. should step in and end something, it should be to end this insanity.

Many said...

I havent seen the video but i heard about it over facebook. I think it is about propaganda being used to capture a man aabusing children in Africa

Anonymous said...

i have definately heard about this before, however i havent been aware of who was actually behind all of it. it was definately no secret to the goverenment but was just a matter of having the populations find out about it. i think that what he proposes to do is phenominal, and what he has done already is amazing; however it will all die down soon enough because thats just how the human race works...

Anonymous said...

i have definately heard about this before, however i havent been aware of who was actually behind all of it. it was definately no secret to the goverenment but was just a matter of having the populations find out about it. i think that what he proposes to do is phenominal, and what he has done already is amazing; however it will all die down soon enough because thats just how the human race works...

Conor Foley said...

Having watched the video, I feel it's scary to know, that someone would go as far to induct little kids into what they plan to do. I feel he needs to be stopped, not just with the US assistance, but the worlds

Conor Foley said...

Having watched the video, I feel it's scary to know, that someone would go as far to induct little kids into what they plan to do. I feel he needs to be stopped, not just with the US assistance, but the worlds

Teddy said...

I never saw it or herd of it. When people in the class are explaining it to everyone I still am confused of it because I still have a question of is this a moive for entertament or is it a documantry?

sarawalsh1454 said...

i haven't seen the video yet, but i've heard alot about it. I can't even wrap my head around why someone would even want to do something like this.

Justin Paolino said...

When I first saw the video late at night I was shocked and motivated to sperad the word about Joseph Kony. However, Thanks to Dr.G, I saw that the oganization, Invisible Children, I stopped supporting Kony 2012 and stared the support to ultimantly find Joseph Kony. Thank you Dr.G for showing me that.

Ralph De Masi said...

I'm done hearing about this. We have our own problems here, when are we going to see the problems in our own society? That what I ask.

Barry Cashman said...

I am shocked, I haven't yet wrapped my whole mind around it because it does not seem real and that nothing like this could happen but the thing is it is happening and we need to do something about it and make Kony famous.

Smit Patel said...

It was very shocking to watch this video and it was interesting as well. I feel obligated to do something about it and help in any way possible, but I think that it is also important to look at the other side of the argument, especially if there is a valid one.

ally healy said...

I saw this video for the first time last week and I was in shock that this was happening in another part of the world and me having no clue whatsoever. I felt like this was just a scary clip I was seeing on the internet and it honestly did not feel like it was real at all, which scares me even more. It makes me mad that we cannot find Kony and makes me want to anything possible to stop what he is doing and save the kids from the rebels.

AshleyPatterson said...

When I first saw this video I felt responsible to join the cause. It is very moving and will compell most people to make a donation.

jnichols said...

My first impression was that this video was fake and i especially thought this when it said the video has an expiration date. I would have to further research kony2012 to decide whether to act on it or let it go.

Angelo Tempesta said...

my first impression is to help them but after uncovering thing it may not be the best idea.

Jess Gosselin said...

I am shocked and want to help them. But, there are a few things I want to learn a little bit more about before I take any action.

Brendan Whalen said...

I am very suprised that this has been going on for years now and someone is just taking action to the situation now. Im still curious and want to learn more about Kony 2012.

Anonymous said...

After watching the video I was shocked to know that this has been going on so long and no one really knew about it. I thought it was put together well and it made me want to do something about it. I was happy to know that other people wanted to help out too.

Sarah Dano said...

My first impression was that this was horrible and he shouldnt be living.

seamusD.56 said...

my first impression was that it was a terrible thing to be happening for such a long time and i was shocked i had never heard about it.

Andrew Barrows said...

My first impression was that ilt was emotionally moving and beautiful. I shared it and discuessed it with peers and now my feelings have changed about the video.

Andrew Barrows said...

My first impression was that ilt was emotionally moving and beautiful. I shared it and discuessed it with peers and now my feelings have changed about the video.

Jill Feeney said...

My first impression to seeing this video was how badly I feel for the kids that are going through this. We should all make Kony famous even if he isn't alive anymore, his army clearly is. It still almost doesn't seem real. And it's crazy to see how America can be blinded by so many situations in other countries.