Friday, February 27, 2015

How to overcome a bad day

Jodi Gauthier
Process
How to overcome a bad day

1.    Close your eyes, count to ten, take a deep breathe. Repeat.

2.    Tell yourself your day wasn't as bad as you thought it was. Think of people who have it worse than you. Think of people who have bad days every day that their just use to it.

3.    Take another deep breathe.

4.    Call a close friend or family member to start venting to. Allow them to listen to you and try to help you out to make you feel better.

5.    Force yourself to smile

6.    Pick out at least all the good things that happened that happened to you today to block out all the bad things.

7.    Do something that makes you happy. This could be, watch your favorite movie, eat a box of ice cream, read your favorite book, sing really loud, or go for a run. Ect.

8.    Take another deep breathe.

9.    When it’s time to go to bed and everything is all set for tomorrow tell yourself that tomorrow is going to be a good day.


1. When you wake up in the morning you decide whether or not you’re going to have a good day. Choose wisely. Be happy.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are good ideas to help get through a bad day. I sometimes have to call a friend or family member just to get some things off my chest. Though i got to say, if there's no bad days, then there's no good days. Sometimes the bad helps appreciate the good. Thanks for your time.

Unknown said...

Your essay is very nice and helpful for anyone having a bad day

Frankie Griffin said...

I completely feel you on your step taking process essay. "Think of people who have bad days everyday that their just use to it." Is a really good way to think about things. It sounds like you try and see everything on the brighter side, and your steps are really informative and positive and would help me if I were to be having a bad day.

Dr. G. said...

Jodi--I get a sense that this is advice you really , truly follow. Your advice, especially your last thought, hits home with me--my attitude is a decision and I am lucky enough to choose. Sometimes I forget that... You know that glass half full/half empty metaphor for whether you are an optimist or a pessimist? I just saw an image on FB that said--be glad you ahve a glass and that water is in it at all--some people have neither! I think you should make a poster of this (see me about some typos)