Claudia Barrett
English Essay
Final Essay
Everyone has the one person or one thing in their life that can help them push through any obstacle that is thrown your way. Mine happens to be my brother Maxwell. He shows me that no matter how bad things get, you can get through them. Maxwell has taught me how to over come obstacles. Maxwell is a
very down to earth, kind, and warm hearted human being. He truthfully is one of
the most caring human beings I have ever got to known. And I am lucky enough to
call him my brother. His motto on life is to not worry stress the little
things. To just let things happen and everything that is out of your control
try to not worry about them. “Live your life and don’t care about what anyone
else thinks.” This is constantly what my brother Maxwell says to me. Having
this advice while I passed through high school, truthfully helped me a lot.
As
an all around person, Maxwell is such a good guy. Regardless if you are his
family or a perfect stranger, there is nothing that he wouldn’t do for someone.
He has over came so many life changing obstacles, that when he was expierencing
them he could have chosen to just give up and he didn’t. He continued to push
through which makes him even more of a romodel to my entire family and the
people that get to experience knowing Maxwell. Having him over come these
obstacles really made me realize that you can over come whatever gets thrown
your way. You just have to work very hard for the things you want in life, and
eventually it will happen. Maxwell, 5
years ago in January, was a drug addict and was at a very low point in his
life. He got mixed in with the wrong group of people and it really got the best
of him. He went from being all about my family and staying at home every night,
to disappearing and being distant. His tip top body figure and fair skin, had
all turned for the worse. He constantly looked so tired and having sunken in
eyes. In addition, Maxwell dropped a lot of weight and at a point was so sickly
skinny. This is a sight of my brother that I wish that I didn’t have to see and
sadly I will never forget. Seeing the way that he looks today truthfully makes
me believe that anything is possible.
Maxwell is a Mixed Martial Arts
fighter, which is almost every single type of cage fighting combined together. Every
3 months, Maxwell has a fight, at where he the weight he fights at is 145
pounds. When he has to drop this weight for his fight, every single thing that
he does changes. The way that he eats, the way that he works out, and if it is
very close to the time of his fight and he still has a lot of weight to lose,
he will sit in a sauna and sweat off a lot of the water weight that he has on
his body. As you can only imagine, the
way Maxwell looks standing at 145 pounds, isn’t very healthy looking. He is
skin and bones, with his eyes sunken in and big black bags. Almost looking the
way that he did when he was at a low point in his life. Once he reaches the weight that he was trying
to achieve and finally weighs in, he can restore his body to a normal body
weight before his fight. The difference in the color of his skin, goes from being
pale and pasty, to tan and fair skinned so quickly. He has to go through this
same exact routine every single time that he has a fight. It has almost become
a second nature for him.
“ Live your life and don’t care about
what anyone thinks.” Going through my entire life, most importantly my senior
year, with Maxwell giving me this advice, has made all of the difference.
Whenever I need Maxwell regardless if it
is at 2 in the morning or 8 at night, he is always here for me. Whether if it
the way that Maxwell presents himself, or the way the he genuinely cares about
me, there is not one thing that I would change about him. He knows when to make
jokes to lighten my bad mood or when to be serious and help me get through a
bad time. A weird, random thing about my brother Maxwell is that his real name
is James, and Maxwell is his middle name. I look forward to getting to see
Maxwell because having his presence is always a step in the right direction.
The vibes that he brings with him, everywhere that he goes are always so
positive and happy. I couldn’t be more thankful to have a a brother like
Maxwell. Truthfully one of the best things that has happened in my life, he has
gave me so much hope.
2 comments:
You can clearly tell how much your brother means to you and the impact that he has had on you. The way you describe what he went through and how he overcame it makes it clear why he is so important and influential to you.
Claudia, I agree with Megan. I can definitely tell how close you are and how much Maxwell means to you from your description of him. I do want to know more about the story of your interaction with him and how he helps you out. I understand his training process, but I sense another story you haven't told yet is just beyond this essay.
Post a Comment